You know you or your loved one needs help, but you’re unsure how to find a rehab center or what to look for when you find one. How do you know this location will be right for you and give you the best ability to heal and overcome your challenges? Finding a rehab center means taking the time to know what your needs are and to find a location that can exceed them. At Compass Detox, we do this routinely.
Finding a Rehab Center Starts with the Type of Care You Need
As you think about what to look for in a rehab center, the first step is to consider the level of care you need. The best first step is to visit a location that can provide you with an assessment. This will give them an idea of your needs, such as the level of treatment you need based on the severity of your addiction. It may also be important to learn about underlying mental health concerns and other complications.
Finding a rehab center may mean looking at options such as residential treatment or intensive outpatient care, and some people need detox as well:
- Detox Services: Those in active addiction and unable to stop using on their own due to intense symptoms may benefit the most from detox services. Long-term use or the use of highly addictive drugs may contribute to this.
- Inpatient Treatment Programs: Some people need to remain in a residential treatment program for some time. This allows them to focus solely on their specific health needs and develop a strategy to help them heal.
- Outpatient Therapy: Most people who have an addiction can benefit from partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient programs. You’ll be able to live at home and then spend various hours each day or week getting care.
How to Find a Rehab Center You Can Trust
While the type of care is an important component of what to look for when choosing a rehab center, it’s not the only component. You also need to consider what the location has to offer and the amount of support they can offer. Here are a few things to think about as you compare your options:
- Do they offer comprehensive services for addiction?
- Are there treatment programs available for the type of substance you’re addicted to available?
- Are there gender-specific treatment programs?
- What types of holistic therapy are provided?
- What level of training and support services does the location offer?
- Are they using the most modern therapies?
Finding a rehab center means taking into consideration all of these factors before making a decision. Ultimately, when you consider what to look for in a program like this, you need to think about how well it fits your needs. You may need to step away from home to get help. You may need to get medication assistance so you can get sober sooner. Does the program you are considering offer this?
When it comes to how to find a rehab center, we encourage you to learn more about what we can do for you at Compass Detox in our modern, innovative therapy programs such as:
Take the First Step Now – Call Compass Detox
Finding a rehab center that is close to you and provides for your needs is important. You can learn how to find a rehab center and look for using these tips, but don’t stop there. You need to make that call and get the treatment you need. Compass Detox can help you. Reach us online or call 800.263.3869, or contact us online for help.